There’s no denying that the best mixer grinder is a vital kitchen appliance. After all, it’s responsible for grinding spices, pureeing vegetables, and even making chutneys and batters. But with so many different models on the market, how do you know which one is right for you? Well, fear not, because we’ve done the hard work for you. We’ve scoured the internet, talked to experts, and even test-driven a few mixers ourselves. And after all that research, we’ve come to the conclusion that the best mixer grinder for Indian cooking is the Bajaj Rex Mixer Grinder. It’s powerful, efficient, and comes with a variety of attachments that make it perfect for any kitchen task.
Best Mixer Grinder in India
1- Bajaj Rex Mixer Grinder, 500W | Best Performer
Baja is one of the most trusted and well-known Indian brands that has been serving customers with high-quality gadgets and appliances since 1983. Baja Rex is the most popular choice among their mixer grinder range as it is specially designed to match every kitchen interior with its tower shape and robust body.
- It houses three stainless steel jars, including one liquidizing jar of 1.2 liters, a multipurpose jar of 0.8 liters, and a small chutney jar of 0.3 liters to match all your grinding and mixing needs. Jar handles have a unique anti-slip design to provide a firm grip.
- The machine comes with a 500-Watts motor, which is sufficient to carry out several tasks. It also offers vacuum feet for ease of operation and protects the machine from sliding.
- The multi-functional blade system of the Bajaj Rex mixer grinder helps you tackle the ingredients of different textures with less effort while the LED indicator ensures the working of the machine.
- Moreover, high-quality PP jar lids protect the jar’s inner material from spillage with tight control over the jar’s mouth.
- The best thing you will find in this cost-efficient mixer grinder is its speed control knob that allows you to grind at different speed levels.
|Product weight||3.3 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||16.6 x 11.2 x 5.5 cm|
2- Prestige Iris 750 Watt Mixer Grinder | Best Budget Pick
Though high-end and expensive products always provide the best performance, there are still some affordable alternatives available in the market that provide the same quality at a comparatively low price. Prestige Iris is the most compatible alternative of high-end mixer grinders.
- It features the same 750W motor that you can find in other expensive mixer grinders of the list but can turn the most solid ingredients into smooth textures.
- Its stainless steel jars are rustproof and come with varying capacities to meet all your needs. Also, they are easy to clean and wash.
- Prestige Iris provides multi-purpose grinding and can serve various purposes starting from blending fruit to grinding tough ingredients.
- The blades are made of premium quality stainless steel and efficient enough to blend and grind perfectly.
- The sturdy and mauve-colored jar handles are specifically designed to fit into your grip and prevent slippage from providing safe user experience.
- The transparent build of the juicer jar and lids allow you to see the entire grinding process clearly.
- We can’t help praising its alluring and pleasant design and build. It will surely enhance the charm of your kitchen.
|Jars||3 Stainless Steel Jar + 1 Juicer Jar|
|Product weight||4.8 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||52.32 x 28.7 x 27.94 cm|
3- Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond Mixer Grinder | Affordable Option
If you want to get a cost-efficient mixer grinder model without compromising performance and quality, you are about to find the right product. Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond Mixer Grinder is one of the best budget-friendly mixer grinders that will serve you the best in terms of durability.
- Blue Leaf Diamond features a 750W motor that grinds spices, masala and batter with ease. This motor power is enough for daily kitchen use and grinding or tough ingredients.
- Jars and blades are made of 100% stainless steel and come with varying capacities. The main jar comes with a 1.5-liter capacity, a grinding jar with 1 liter and a chutney jar with 500 ml capacity.
- This mixer grinder features a Flexi lid, which is interchangeable and allows you to convert the jar capacity from 1.5 liters to 1 liter and vice-versa.
- The machine’s body is made of ABS plastic, and it also features a heat-sensitive cut-off system to protect the machine from overload and fluctuations.
- Its shockproof plastic body provides added safety and features a speed control knob to customize speed levels.
|Product weight||5.8 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||23.5 x 33.5 x 30.5 cm|
4- Panasonic MX-AC400 Super Mixer Grinder | Safer Option
Panasonic is a trusted name in the list of electronic appliances brands and produces durable and innovative products and uses a unique design and build to manufacture their products. Panasonic MX-AC400 Mixer Grinder is considered to be among the safest mixer grinders.
- This machine is equipped with 550 Watt motor power, but it performs all the mixing and grinding tasks with great efficiency and tackles most of the ingredients with ease.
- This model’s unique feature is its double-lock mechanism that ensures the utmost safety and doesn’t start the machine if the jars and lids are not locked correctly.
- It houses four jars to perform all the tasks for you, and that includes a 400 ml chutney jar, two stainless steel jars of 600 ml and 1100 ml capacity for dry and wet grinding. The 1.5-liter polycarbonate transparent juicer jar comes with a high-quality nano-sieve for filtering the juice perfectly.
- Its unique design and build have built-in push buttons for speed setting instead of a rotary dial.
- Another advantage of the Panasonic mixer grinder is that its blades are removable, helping you in the cleaning process and exchanging them for customizing jar capacity.
- Other features include a circuit breaker and a suction pad to ensure stability during heavy grinding.
|Product weight||6.55 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||53 x 22.5 x 41 cm|
5- Hamilton Beach Professional Juicer Mixer Grinder | Editors Choice
Hamilton Beach Professional Juicer Mixer Grinder is one of India’s best futuristic and technologically advanced mixer grinder models that offer exceptional features with superior safety features while providing hands-free operations. This mixer grinder is simply amazing and an absolute delight.
- It is the only mixer grinder of our list with a pre-set menu containing various grinding functions and a 1400W motor, which is almost 2x than other mixer grinders.
- It allows you to choose between the fine, medium and coarse grinding options to achieve your desired consistency out of the ingredients.
- When this mixer grinder is programmed to run, it provides safe and hands-free operation and saves much of your time.
- Hamilton Beach Juicer Mixer Grinder uses smart technology and doesn’t start the motor unless the lid is locked and the jars are correctly locked to the base.
- It also features triple overload protection and a motor temperature indicator to alert you when the motor is overheating.
- It also packs other outstanding features such as leakproof jars, double interlocks, unbreakable stainless steel jars, and ultimate control for best results.
|Product Weight||6.78 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||28 x 19 x 49 cm|
6- Philips HL7756/00 Mixer Grinder, 750W | Elegant Model
HL7756/00 Mixer Grinder is an exceptional product by Philips that has some amazing features and elegant design. Philips is a renowned brand and produces the best quality and innovative home and kitchen appliances worldwide.
- This mixer grinder comes with an advanced ventilation system to provide fast cooling in heating situations and ensures the motor’s longer life.
- This mixer grinder’s most valuable feature is its double coupler made of tougher plastic material for firm engagement between body and jar, which provide a continuous grinding performance.
- All the three jars are made of food-grade and high-quality stainless steel and come with transparent lids to see the whole grinding process.
- There is a special rubber gasket fixed into the jar lids to ensure smooth and secure locking,
- Stainless steel specialized blades are capable of grinding the toughest ingredients and provide the finest texture.
- Philips HL7756/00 also features suction feet, auto cut-off technology and a unique triangular compact shaped body design which is elegant and easy to clean.
|Product Weight||3 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||21.7 x 36.8 x 25.9 cm|
7- Preethi Zodiac MG 218 Mixer Grinder, 750W | Best Overall
Preethi is India’s No.1 Mixer Grinder Brand for providing the best kitchen appliances in India for a decade. The Preethi Zodiac MG 218 is a luxurious and efficient product which makes the food processing easier and assist you in your kitchen-related tasks.
- Most of the mixer grinders get heated up quickly when used for a long time. To tackle this issue and prevent overheating, Preethi Zodiac comes with fast cooling technology to keep the motor cool during and after the operation.
- This mixer grinder offers a wide range of accessories, including multi-functional blades and multi-purpose jars, to meet all your requirements.
- When it comes to mixing, grinding, and juicing, this product is best due to its variety of blades, jars, and a 750W powerful motor.
- The forefront speed control knob will allow you to customize between three speeds and incher.
- Its master chef plus jar works as a chopper and also helps you knead the dough in one minute and chop the vegetables in four different sizes.
- In addition to its safety indicator, Vega W5 motor, and graceful design, the company offers a 2-year warranty on the product and five years on the motor that is more than enough.
|Product Weight||9 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||32 x 63 x 32 cm|
8- Bosch TrueMixx Pro 1000-Watt Mixer Grinder | Amazon’s Choice
Bosch is a leading brand in developing high-quality home and kitchen appliances across the world. This brand’s products are rapidly grabbing the attention of customers due to their perfection, innovative designs, attention to detail, and high-quality material.
- The technology used in Bosch TrueMixx Pro Mixer Grinder makes it a bit different from other mixer grinders. Its stone pounding technology ensures the authentic taste and aroma to the powders, pastes, and batters and provides a traditional pounding effect to break down the ingredients.
- TrueMixx comes with a sturdy jar lid lock to provide complete hands-free mixing and grinding operation and keep the inside material safe. The strong suction feet add more to the machine’s stability and eliminates the need for hands to hold the machine while using.
- Bosch Mixer Grinder features a 1000W powerful motor with pure copper winding to deliver high torque and excellent performance.
- Its uniquely designed blunt blades with thick edges are rare to find in any other mixer grinder. They give the pounding effect to the ingredients that add flavors and aroma to the recipe with this coarse texture.
- Its superior quality stainless steel jars with innovative flow breaker feature provide excellent grinding experience, and chrome finish enhances this mixer grinder’s elegance.
- The concealed bronze bush at the bottom of the main unit prevents any leakage and provides contamination-free mixing. Additionally, the juicer jar that comes with this machine also performs well and carries out hard ingredients such as coconut and carrot.
|Product Weight||5.2 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||459.99 x 384.81 x 219.99 cm|
9- Sujata Powermatic Plus 900-Watt Juicer Mixer Grinder | Best Runnerup
While preparing the list of best mixer grinders in India, we couldn’t skip Sujata Powermatic Plus as it offers more than many mixer grinders and comes from a highly trusted brand of India. Sujata mixer grinder range comes at affordable prices and worth every penny you spend. Powermatic Plus is also a very popular model that offers quality and performance at a budget-friendly price.
● This mixer grinder is equipped with a 900 Watt heavy-duty motor and double ball bearings, making this model the most efficient in the Indian market.
- The company cares much about consumers’ safety, so it has produced a shockproof mixer grinder that is safe for regular use and requires low maintenance.
- Sujata Powermatic also comes with a one year warranty to gain the customer’s trust.
- It is a unique style juicer mixer grinder with a honeycomb filter mesh for higher and finer juice.
- The most important feature of Sujata Powermatic Plus is its ability to run continuously for 90 minutes, so it is perfect for longer operations. But it is recommended to use the machine with 2 minutes intervals after every 5 minutes of usage.
- With 20000 RPM, it provides a better grinding experience and doesn’t let the food lose its natural aroma and nutrients.
- The product comes with multipurpose jars featuring high-quality stainless steel blades having the efficiency of cutting through tough ingredients like beetroot, pulse, spices, and carrots. The transparent juices jar is made of top-notch quality unbreakable plastic to ensure durability.
|Product Weight||5 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||50 x 27 x 36 cm|
10- Maharaja Whiteline MG Livo MX-151 Mixer Grinder | Best for Small Family
Here comes the cheapest model of the list that you can find at a low price, but it still offers excellent features and performance. Maharaja Whiteline is one of the best mixer grinders under 2000 in India.
- It is equipped with a 500W motor with 20000 RPM speed that makes it easy to grind the toughest ingredients in less time.
- Livo mixer grinder comes with three stainless steel jars designed with a food-grade safe body to ensure your food quality is well maintained.
- This mixer grinder’s air ventilation system allows longer operations without any risk of overheating and makes it capable of grinding ingredients as long as for 30 minutes.
- Maharaja Whiteline features 304 grade SS blades and 5-in-1 chutney blades to prepare delicious pastes and chutney.
- High grade 66 nylon couplers add more to the stability of this machine.
|Product Weight||3 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||35 x 22 x 31.5 cm|
11- Croma 500W Mixer Grinder
On number eleven, the Croma mixer grinder is waiting for you. This mixer comes at an affordable price and has strong build quality. The Croma 500W Mixer Grinder is a handy kitchen appliance that makes light work of a variety of tasks, from grinding spices to making chutneys and purees.
- It comes with three stainless steel jars which are leak-proof and have durable lids, making it ideal for multi-tasking in the kitchen.
- The mixer grinder has a powerful 500W motor that makes short work of even the most stubborn ingredients.
- While the three-speed settings give you control over the consistency of your grinds.
- The rubber feet ensure stable operation, even when operating at high speeds.
- The Croma 500W Mixer Grinder is a great addition to any kitchen and is sure to make your food preparation easier and more efficient.
|Product Weight||3 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||35 x 22 x 31.5 cm|
Buying Guide for Best Mixer Grinder in India
Mixer Grinder is the essential kitchen appliance, and we cannot do without it. But when it comes to choosing the right mixer grinder according to our daily needs, it becomes difficult for us to select the best one. The market is full of different mixer grinder models that vary in features, specifications, number of accessories, motor power, performance, price, and many other factors. If you consider the following factors before purchasing any mixer grinder, you will be able to make a wise and profitable decision. Our detailed buying guide will help you choose the best mixer grinder in India.
Mixer Grinder is a must-have kitchen appliance that reduces your daily food preparation effort and helps you save your precious time. It not only grinds the material for us but also performs multiple tasks from pureeing, mixing, mincing, blending, chopping, and grating. A regular mixer grinder can only grind the material and prepare chutneys for us, while a Juicer Mixer Grinder (JMG) offers even more that include blending, mincing, extracting juices, and preparing milkshakes. Some come with advanced technologies, while others feature a comparatively powerful motor. So you must be aware of all the types of mixer grinders before selecting one for your kitchen.
The number of jars:
The number of jars depends on the price you spend on a mixer grinder. Some budget-friendly mixer grinders come with two jars for dry and wet grinding while some high-end mixer grinders offer 3-4 jars. The higher the jar’s number, the better, because multiple jars can help you complete the task within less time. The normal mixer grinder with two jars will be enough for a small family, but if you have a large or joint family, you must go for a heavy-duty mixer grinder with 3-4 jars. You must look for mixer grinders that come with varying jar capacities to meet all your requirements. Most of the Indian mixer grinders come with three jars. You can use the large one for grinding purposes, medium jar for wet grinding, and small one for dry grinding and preparing chutney. These three jars are sufficient for small and medium-sized families. Wet grinding jars usually have a tight and flat lid to prevent spillage of liquid and paste. A durable body,break-resistant lid, and ergonomically designed jar handle with good grip are ideal for daily kitchen and to combat the wear and tear in the kitchen.
Types of blades:
Blades are the most important part of a mixer grinder, which does all the work for you, so it is vital to verify their efficiency and quality. There are several types of blades, depending on the task they perform, and each has its specification. Ensure that the blade’s material is stainless steel and prefers the 304-grade stainless steel as it is corrosion resistant and rustproof. The quality and sharpness of blades are all you need for grinding hard ingredients and turning them into a fine texture without any trouble. However, you can change the blades from time to time depending on your needs and also make sure to clean them properly after usage and especially after wet grinding to prevent rust.
It is better to choose a grinder machine that comes with different speed settings and control the blades. However, the motor’s speed is measured in Revolutions Per Minute (RPM), which determines the number of times the blade rotates per minute. The motor’s speed ranges from 10,000 to 23,000RMP depending on the motor power, blades, and speed option. A powerful motor can operate the blades faster, which helps to grind the ingredients efficiently and quickly. Anything from 18000 to 23000 RPM is perfect for domestic use. Neither low RPM nor very high is suitable to perform all the tasks at the same speed. High RPM may not blend or grind ingredients effectively. So you must grab your hands on a mixer grinder that comes with a customizable speed option.
Mixer grinder models also differ in terms of power that determines the machine’s performance and electricity consumed. The motor power entirely depends on the model’s price as the higher the price, the powerful the motor. But it doesn’t always depend on the price as you can see some highly expensive mixer grinder models with 550W motors. A regular mixer grinder features a 500W motor, which is enough for grinding spices, ginger, garlic, chilies, and nuts, and it perfectly suits a small family. But the higher the wattage, the heavier the load capacity. For typical Indian families, a mixer grinder with a 750W motor is ideal for preparing Idli, Dosa, grinding turmeric, and other hard ingredients. Grinders above 600 Watts can be a bit noisy and consumes more energy. So, we must look for an energy-efficient model to cut down your cost of electricity bills. A mixer grinder from 500-750 Watts power is sufficient for the Indian kitchen, depending on the family’s size. You can also go for mixer grinders with 900 Watts and 1400 Watt motor if you find the energy and cost-efficient.
Speed control and setting
The latest mixer grinders come with incredible and advanced features to provide the best user experience and make the work easier. Most of the Indian market mixer grinders feature a speed control knob that offers different speed settings for the best cooking experience. This feature operates the machine at different motor speed settings and lets you control your requirements’ blades speed. This blade speed control mechanism is also intelligent enough to keep the food item safe from overflow while reaching the maximum speed. It is also an essential factor to consider while selecting a mixer grinder. It allows the user to set the speed at low, medium, or high depending on the ingredients and your desired texture. This option is also very convenient and easy to use. You simply have to turn the knob or switch it to the high, medium, or low mode. Some models also come with pulse specifications for delicate ingredients and electronic speed sensors to monitor the grinding process.
Some grinder models come with an overload protection feature that can protect the machine in two ways. We often overfill the jars with ingredients or run the machine for a longer period of time without resting the motor. In such conditions, overload can involve the risk of burning the motor. To prevent such dangers, the producers have introduced the overheat and overload protection feature. This overload protection feature acts as a circuit breaker in case of overload to protect the motor from damage and provide a safe user experience to customers,
The mixer grinders that come with speed setting also feature pulse or incher function. This feature controls the speed and serves the grinding process of delicate food such as tomatoes, parsley, and other ingredients. This speed setting is perfect for preparing milkshakes, whipping eggs, and forming fine textures.
The safety lock is also one of the important factors to consider while choosing the best mixer grinder. This feature protects the machine from damages and prevents any accident during operation. The safety lock feature ensures that the machine is locked correctly while operating so we can avoid mishaps. Some mixer grinders’ safety lock feature doesn’t let the motor run until the jar is correctly locked with the main unit. We often use mixer grinders for wet grinding or liquids, so safety must be considered the foremost factor while using a mixer grinder. Apart from that, check the proper condition of power cables, earthing connections, and other components before running the machine. The machine’s base must be strong and properly balanced so it cannot tumble while operating and don’t let the mixture spill out of the jar.
Quality and durability
Since a mixer grinder is a common kitchen appliance that is to be used daily, it is crucial to check the mixer grinder’s quality and durability and material used for blades and jars before making a purchase. It is not easy to replace our grinder machines every year as it is a costly appliance, so you need to make sure they last for a longer period of time and provide consistent performance without any trouble. And for that to happen, the quality mixer grinder should feature a heavy-duty motor. The main unit must be made from high-quality ABS plastic, while jars and blades should be made of superior quality stainless steel. When it comes to the quality of steel, make sure it is rustproof and 304 grade, as it will have resistance for corrosion and oxidation. The stainless steel blades should retain sharpness for a longer time and provide quick and fine grinding experience.
The warranty period of all mixer grinders varies depending on the manufacturers. Before selecting a mixer grinder, don’t forget to check the warranties. If a company offers a good warranty on the motor and product, you can trust the product’s quality and longevity. A warranty from 2-5 years can offer complete peace of mind to the customer, so you should select a model that comes with a warranty of 2 years or more. It will ensure the replacement and repairs for the product if something goes wrong during the warranty period. You must also look for an additional warranty on the motor to rest assured of the mixer grinder’s performance.
Many mixer grinder manufacturing companies take care of maintenance and service within the warranty duration. If you find the product faulty, you can contact the authorized dealer to get it repaired. However, you need to visit a local service center to get the product repaired after the warranty’s expiration. To enjoy easy and affordable service, you can sign up for an Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) with vendors for your appliance’s hassle-free repair service.
Last but not least! The purchase of any product entirely depends on its price and your budget. It is based on how much you want to spend on a specific product besides the features and quality. If you want to spend generously, you can go for any technologically advanced and futuristic mixer grinder model such as Hamilton Beach or Preethi Zodiac MG218. They offer advanced features and perform multiple kitchen tasks for you. But if you are tight on budget or have price constraints, you can choose a budget-friendly model like Bajaj Rex and Maharaja Whiteline that are trustable brands and offer high-quality performance. To make a perfect selection, you can make a price comparison between the models that come under your budget limits and compare their specifications according to your needs. The market is full of inexpensive models, but they may not provide high-end performance and best features. So we recommend some value for money products such as Prestige Iris Mixer Grinder that tick both boxes of performance and average price.
Safety measure to take while using a Mixer Grinder
Though branded mixer grinders are safe to use, you should still consider some safety measures to avoid risks and accidents.
- Make sure the jar lid is tightly closed before operating the machine.
- Avoid adding hot ingredients into the jar for grinding as it can damage the blade components and jar walls.
- It will be better to add enough water or liquid while preparing smoothies purees and grinding batter to protect the motor from pressure and overheating.
- Try to purchase a mixer grinder with overload and overheat protection features and jar lock safety features.
- Always turn off the main power supply while loading the ingredients in the jar.
- To avoid electric shocks and potential accidents, make sure the mixer grinder has proper earthing systems.
- The machine’s stability is always important, so avoid placing the main unit on a slippery or plain countertop.
- Not run the motor continuously for more than five minutes as it will cause overheating. Take a beak of two minutes after every five minutes of use if you have to use the grinder for an extended period.
Considering these tips will not only increase the life of your mixer grinder but also protect you from accidents, electric shocks, and potential risks.
What is the best mixer grinder in India?
We have gathered the ten best mixer grinders depending on the varying need and budgets of customers. All the products of our list are top-notch quality and offer the best performance. Whether you have a generous budget, a tight budget, a small family, or a large size family, you can find your perfect match in our list of best mixer grinders in India. Our personal favorite is Hamilton Beach Juicer Mixer Grinder due to its innovative design and technology.
What main components a mixer grinder includes?
A common mixer grinder comes with three stainless steel jars, including a liquidizing jar, a grinding jar, a chutney jar, vacuum feet, ergonomic handles, speed control knob, sharp blades, top protective lid, and some even come with a separate juicer jar.
Why I experience a burning smell when using a mixer grinder?
When you run your mixer grinder for the first time, you may experience some burning smell due to the motor varnish getting heated for the first time, and it is ok to get a smoky or burnt smell during the first few times of usage. But if you continue to experience this smell, it is better to contact the customer care or brand service center to resolve the issue.
What is the most silent mixer grinder?
Philips HL7756/00 and Prestige Iris are the most silent mixer grinders compared to other models of the list and provide a noise-free and comfortable user experience.
What is the best budget-friendly mixer grinder?
It is essential to determine your budget before purchasing any home or kitchen appliance so you can get the best product at the best price. If you are looking for the best budget-friendly mixer grinders, look no further as Prestige Iris 750W Mixer Grinder is the only cost-effective mixer grinder that will offer the best performance at the same time.
Which brand is best for a mixer grinder?
Though the market is full of such brands that offer high-quality mixer grinders, Prestige, Preethi, Bajaj, Phillips, and Panasonic are some leading and trusted brands in India serving the customers with the best kitchen appliances over the years.
A mixer grinder is a common kitchen appliance, but many of us do not exactly know how to purchase the right mixer grinder that will meet all their requirements and run for the long term. To cut down their effort of exploring markets, we have reviewed 10 best mixer grinders in India and created a detailed buying guide putting all the required information in it that will help you make the right decision. We understand the value of time and money, so we did thorough research to find the best products in terms of price and performance. Customers with every size of family and budget can find their best match in our list. They can purchase their favorite model from our affiliate links to enjoy the best customer service and user experience.