In 2020 air pollution level is at its peak, especially in Metro cities and in urban areas where the traffic is high. In 2019, 26 Indian cities were listed out of top 50 cities in the list of world’s most polluted cities. So, now you have an idea about, how is the air quality in India?
Because of this bad air quality, many of our citizens are suffering through respiratory diseases and many Airborne diseases, especially, senior citizens and small babies whose immune system is weak.
Indoor air quality is degraded by harmful chemicals and other materials and can be 10 times worse than outdoor air pollution. This is because contained areas enable potential pollutants to build up more than open areas do. Hence having the best air purifier for your home to filter out the inside air is the best option available.
Air purifiers might be seen as a luxury but its benefits really exceed its cost. But this in this article you will find the best air purifiers under Rs.10000. we have shortlisted top 5 air purifiers in India under Rs.10000.
All these air purifiers are sorted after doing a lot of research on the Internet regarding their manufacturer, their performance, user reviews, technical aspects and they’re after-sales service.
Yes, I know there are plenty of air purifiers out there in the market which is available under Rs.10000. but it is hard to choose one among them. Hence just like how air purifiers work, filtering the air by removing pollutants from it and gives best and purified air, In the same way, we filtered out the best air purifiers in India for you.
Best Air Purifiers in India 2021 under 10000
1. Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier
Check the latest price here…
Philips is a Dutch multinational company which is the foremost company in the Home and Kitchen Appliance sector. This company is known for its world-class and fully-featured products and it is declared as the number one brand in air purifiers in India by Euromonitor International Limited.
This particular air purifier is equipped with Night sense auto mode making it ideal for a medium room such as Bedrooms up to 63 sq. meter. It has the ability to captures almost 99.97% of particles from the air which passes through it. It is quite as mumble to help you and your family sleep better.
- Vista shield IPS has boosted clean air delivery rate up to 270 Cubic meter/ hour.
- Purifies a standard room in just 12 minutes with CADR of 270 cubic meter/ hour
- It can easily remove Ultra small particles as tiny as 0.02 micrometre.
- Filters out hazardous gases such as formaldehyde and TVOC.
- Has Nano protect HEPA which gives superior purification efficiency against airborne particles.
- 4 stage filtration process through pre-filter, activated carbon filter and double-layered H13 grade true HEPA filter.
- In Auto-purification mode sensors can detect PM2.5 levels and boost the air purifier’s speed to deal with pollution.
- In night sensing mode, it delivers clean air while you sleep by constantly monitoring your room’s air quality
- Healthy air protects will warn you to replace the filter.
- Child lock feature prevents accidental changes in settings
- Real-time air quality feedback gives an idea about current air quality.
- This air purifier is certified and tested by ECARF and Airmid.
- Tested to remove airborne H1N1 virus.
- Ozone free and natural air filtration
- Low energy consumption.
- 2+3 Years extended warranty on product registration
|Effective area||up to 63 square meters.|
|Sound level||33 dB(A)|
2. Mi Air Purifier 2C with True HEPA Filter
This manufacturer has captured the Indian Mobile phone market easily because of its cheaper and fully-featured mobile phones. In the same way, this company is manufacturing one of the best Air purifiers in India under ₹10000. Mi 2C is one of the best air purifiers from Mi.
This air purifier comes with incredible features like True HEPA filter, excellent CADR and real-time air quality indicator.
- Dual filtration technology with a true HEPA filter.
- A true HEPA filter can trap the particles up to 0.3 microns with 99.97% efficiency.
- 360-degree air intake with 2-layer filtration.
- Best in class CADR of 350 cubic meter/hour.
- Real-time air quality indicators.
- Comes with Auto mode.
- With a functional coverage area of 452 sq. ft. it can purify the room under 10 minutes.
- DIY (Do it yourself) filter change allows you to change the filter by yourself easily under 10cseconds.
- The company provides a 1-year warranty from date of purchase.
|Effective area||452 sq. ft.|
3. Philips AC0820/20 Air Purifier
Check the latest price here…
Another Air purifier from Philips. This Philips AC0820/20 air purifier is a small yet effective air purifier, which can bring clean air to your home in a compact and simplicity way.
This air purifier has ability to remove 99.5 percent of pollutants of size as small as 0.003 um.
- Removes 99.95% pollutants such as PM2.5, pollen, dust mites etc.
- Purify standard room of size (18128) in just 16 minutes.
- Has the best CADR of 190 cubic meter/hour.
- Intelligent auto purification mode.
- Real-time air quality indicator with different colours.
- Comes with 3 different modes, Auto, sleep and turbo.
- Can remove Nano-sized particles easily.
- Philips has provided 2 years warranty with it.
- Can control on one single button.
|Effective area||160 sq. ft. to 234 sq. ft.|
4. Blue Star BS-AP490LAN 915 CMH
Check the latest price here…
After dominating the market of Air Conditioners in India this giant is now making its presence in Air Filter sector. This is the well-known air conditioner brand in India right now.
This air purifier is a perfect all-rounder product to remove air pollutants, chemicals, and micro biologicals with the help of 7 stage filtration process. This air purifier has wider reach and high filtration accuracy.
- Advanced 7 stage filtration.
- The coverage area of about 800 sq. ft.
- Great CADR of 915 CMH.
- High-density aluminium pre-filter removes large size dust particles.
- Cold catalyst removes offensive odours, benzene with a 99% removal rate.
- Formaldehyde removal filter.
- Antibacterial filter to resist bacterial growth.
- True HEPA filter removes fine dust particulate matters up to PM10 and PM2.5 with 99.9% removal rate.
- Microbe sterilize deactivates air borne microbes.
- MST helps you breath pure air during your sleep.
- Sense air technology senses the presence of harmful pollutants in the air and automatically purify it.
- Digital PM2.5 numeric indicator to monitor real-time air purification and real-time indoor odour indicator.
- Touch user interface with wireless remote control for easy control.
- Silent mode for silent operations.
- Child lock to prevent unnecessary changes.
|Model Number||BS-AP490LAN 915 CMH|
|Effective area||800 sq. ft.|
5. Dolphy 45W Room Air Purifier with HEPA Filter
Check the latest price here…
This air purifier is a product of dolphin retail. This company provide you with high quality and great products at the lowest price possible.
This air purifier from Dolphin Retail is a high-quality filter. The pollutants pass through the 4 stage filtration system and come out as fresh air. Every filtration stage has its own separate filtration process.
- Intelligent sensors and auto mode will indicate the surrounding air quality with light indicator.
- Blue (best air quality), green (good air quality) and red (bad air quality).
- Sleep mode for better sleep at night.
- 3-speed fan settings to adjust the fan speed to low, medium and high.
- Timer setting (1h, 2h, 4h and 8h) to automatically turn off the filter after a set time.
- 4 stage filtration process.
- Good CADR of 260 cubic meter/hour.
- Effective area is about 377 sq. ft.
- The HEPA filter captures about 99.97% of the particles as small as 0.2 microns.
- Gases, odours and larger particles are trapped by the Carbon filter.
- Filter replacement indicator.
- Maximum noise is of 54.4 dB
- Materials used are ABS and metal.
- The company provides 2 years warranty on the product.
|Cord length||1.6 m|
|Effective area||377 sq. ft.|
|Sound Level||54.4 dB|
How to find the best air purifier in India – buyer’s guide
Following are the points that you need to keep in mind before purchasing the best air purifiers for your home.
Coverage area of Air Purifier
Before purchasing the air purifier please consider the size of the room where you intend to use the air purifier. Every air purifier has a different coverage area according to its capacity. If you choose the air purifier with small coverage area for the room beyond its capacity then the result will not satisfying but the same purifier will work magnificently in the room which matches its coverage area.
Size of the room
Size of the room is one of the most important parameters that must be kept in mind before making a purchase. Air purifiers working efficiency depend upon the size of the room. Hence to get better result to choose the air purifier according to the room size where you intend to use it.
Where you are going to use it?
It is important to choose the exact location where you are going to use an air purifier. Will it be a bedroom, living room, hall or kitchen? Because some air purifiers are limited to filter out certain particles from the air. It will become frustrating if you buy an air purifier for the kitchen but in fact, that can’t filter food or oil particles from the air and it is best for the bedroom instead of the kitchen.
And if you choose to put it inside the car then you should go for specific car air purifiers for that.
Air purifier maintenance
The efficiency of the air purifier depends on the air filter present in it. Every manufacturer has recommended changing the filter in a specific interval of time. Even nowadays most of the air purifiers come with Filter change indicator so that you can change the filter at the right time. Also, you should be aware of the frequency of use of your air purifier, so you could forecast when to change the filter.
Warranty and after sales service
You must be aware of the warranty and after-sales service of the brand whose air purifier you are going to buy. Choosing the brands with great after-sales service and warranty will increase the life span of your air purifier and will give you hassle-free service.
Concerning any product, the more benefits and feature of products are the more it becomes costly. This will apply to air purifiers also. Hence you need to know about basic features of air purifiers that you would really need and would want your air purifier to have.
The most common features are,
- Child lock
- Real-time air quality indicator
- Multiple fan speeds.
- Filter change indicator.
- Timer enabled.
Frequently Asked Question
What is a HEPA filter?
HEPA stands for “High-Efficiency Particulate Air” and it is used to trap the 99.97 per cent of particles that are 0.3 microns. Other filters are not able to trap the particles of this small size.
Why 0.3 Microns?
The scientist has referred this size as most penetrating particle size. This particle by pass air filters more than larger or smaller particles.
Do air purifier work efficiently when door and windows of the room are closed?
Yes, to maximize the efficiency of the air purifier and for a better result, you must keep the doors and windows of the room remain closed.
If the outside air quality is bad then keeping doors and windows closed will be appreciable.
Does air purifier come with filters or do they have to be purchase separately?
Yes, almost every air purifier comes with inbuilt air filter but for the replacement you must buy a new one.
Can it be used as car air purifier?
Basically there special air purifiers for the car. Hence using this room air purifiers as the car air purifier is no preferable.
Can it be used for a room beyond its capacity?
Yes, but you will not get better results as it will no longer be as effective. Hence I would never recommend this.
What is PM2.5? What does it do to your body?
Fine Particulate Matter 2.5 (PM2.5) are tiny particles in the air that reduces visibility and cause the air to appear foggy when levels are high.
They can penetrate into the lungs causing lungs disease, irritate and corrode the alveolar wall. These particles are extremely hazardous for peoples with asthma problem and respiratory diseases.
So, in this article, we have the best air purifiers in India in 2020 which are priced under Rs.10000. Hope we have cleared all your doubts through this post. We have also listed some FAQ’s regarding air purifiers. But still, if you have some issues or queries regarding air purifiers or any other appliance which is reviewed on our website, then please let us know in the comment section